DescriptionMapFactor Navigator is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android phones and tablets using OpenStreetMaps data. Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when traveling. Map and app updates are FREE every month.
To contact us or make your views heard please use forum.mapfactor.com as Google Play does not allow us to answer your comments or queries.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras
* add your own favourite locations and routes
* routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
* route avoidance - block off certain road from your route
new map notification service
automatic gps positions saving
fixed scrambled street names on map
updated es, cs, tr, lt, pt, de translations
better routing dialogs (route not found and waypoint outside installed map)
removed destination reached dialog
errors in night mode, loading maps dialog, GPS month and app exit and restart fixed
white screen fixes
improved Croatian search
rename/delete saved gps files implemented
selecting/unselecting maps to delete fixed
Android OS Requirements: 2.3 and up
1. Download and install Map Factor Navigator.apk and open the application after the installation.
2. Tap on Navigator Free pane.
Be notified that there will be no data available in the application. This is because the maps and other files required are not yet stored in sdcard\navigator\data folder. Just tap on Cancel to exit for the mean time.
Proceed to next installation note.
3. Download the following files and extract each to this directory: sdcard\navigator\data\.
If there is no such directory, make your own in sdcard using any file manager application.
4. Go to Settings > Location services and enable the GPS satellites.
5. Open again the Navigator and wait for the valid GPS signal.
Note: To detect the GPS Signal, the device should be in sky view (outdoor) location.
Enjoy your navigation!